My pc frequently  turns off suddenly and starts  automatically and i choose start windows normally option! I use win7. Now what to do?

Win 7, 4 gb ram, dual core 3 ghz cpu. Biostar mb model intel-g41d3b.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Ron75
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

It sounds as if it could be an overheating problem. Are your fans working?

Ron

• 3 weeks ago

Thanks josh, andy, david. But mistakenly awerded fav ans to other. Most ans were awesome 

• Enigma
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

PC over heating? Could be the fan isn't operating and needs to be replaced. Or the fan is clogged with dust and needs to be cleaned.

• 1 month ago

Most of the answers here are good. Andy, David, and Ron all have great advice. One more thing that comes to mind is your power supply. If the power coming in to your motherboard is not good then that could explain your symptoms as well. Also given the age of the motherboard another thing could be blown capacitors. See attached. If you have these that look like that then its time to start thinking about getting a new PC. 

Good luck Murad.

Attachment image
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I think it could be heat issues.  If you know what you're doing check the CPU has enough heat compound applied.  Thermal paste can dry out over time. When it does it can't disperse heat fast enough through the heatsink on top of it. The CPU gets to about 85 degrees Celsius and it shuts down automatically. 

If you don't have any buy some thermal paste or pads on amazon or ebay. When applying, make sure to clean off the old paste off the CPU and the underside of the heatsink using a dry cloth. Pads are easier to apply. Using paste, don't put too much on - just enough to bridge the tiny gap between the CPU and heatsink (a small dot of the stuff.)

• David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you are not tech savvy take it to a workshop for them to investigate.

Otherwise check the heat sinks and fans for blockage, check the memory for errors and the hard drive for corruption. If all these are clear you probably have a motherboard fault which would make it uneconomic to fix

• IOM
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Now, get an iMac. 

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It could be overheating. is the cpu heat sink full of dust?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.