If Martin Luther King Jr or Malcolm X were still alive today, what would they think of the Black Lives Matter movement and the rioting?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

MARTIN LUTHER KING JR WOULDN'T HAVE APPROVED IT  MALCOM X IT IS HARD TO SAY

• 4 weeks ago

King would be in a hotel somewhere getting a BJ and X wouldnt care about it.

• 4 weeks ago

King is probably busy in a motel and doesnt care

• 4 weeks ago

They'd think BLM is not doing enough, and wonder where this supposed rioting is occurring. They'd also weapon up and cry 'havoc!"

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • J M
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The black lives matter movement and the rioting are two different things. 

Martin Luther King advised all demonstrators to only demonstrate during the day. 

The reason was so that any and all violence would have witnesses. 

The looting and such all happen after dark and are the actions of criminals and people seeing to incite violence. Many of those are right wing groups like the boogaloo boys. 

Black live matter leaders are also encouraging protestors to go home when it gets dark. In fact, they encourage everyone to stay home in Louisville.

• 1 month ago

MLK would declare them terrorists. Malcolm X??? Who is he?

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

First I think they'd be stunned to see how many wealthy and influential blacks there are in the US. They might feel somewhat vindicated in that there's been a black President and many blacks in Congress, that the mainstream music charts are loaded with black artists and that at two points in recent history the most bankable actor in Hollywood was black. They'd probably still see some police actions as being unfair. But one hopes they'd see just how much progress has been made and maybe even push back against this woke narrative that things are just as bad now as they were prior to the Civil Rights Act. I'd also imagine that both these men of faith would be relatively shocked by the likes of the "WAP" crowd. 

• 1 month ago

Both would be supportive, except the former would try to divert it in a more peaceful direction (i.e. civil disobedience), whereas the latter would try to turn it into a violent revolution, lol.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They would tell you that blacks have been Americans from the beginning.

• Jas B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I suspect they would be sad that half a century after they led the fight for civil rights that there is still so much racism in America.  

Plus they would probably focus on the fact that the vast majority, some 93% of all the protests have been peaceful.  https://time.com/5886348/report-peaceful-protests/

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.