Mia asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

Why is my pregnancy so opposite and horrible compared to others?

I hear so many women say they’ve never felt better.. and they look better . They’ve got that glow . 

Me, on the other hand, is a nightmare. There have been time where I think I am so close to death. Constantly in pain, throwing up constant, can’t sleep, can’t eat n when I do I throw it right back up... 

.. Anyway, I could’ve have rambled forever, but I’ll spare you readers... 

My main question is.. How can I improve my sickness and everything else?? How long will it last? I hope there’s nothing wrong.. I am young and this is my first so I worry about everything . Please somebody help. Thanks so much . God bless 

• BJ

I feel for you ,I too threw up from day one a car ride hotdogs,coffee certain smells would make me sick although I felt great on certain days but for 9 months I was given tablets to calm my stomach.The next 2 pregnancy no sickness.

These are questions you should ask your obstetrician instead of random strangers on the internet.

• keerok

It's not the same with everyone. To be sure that what you're experiencing isn't serious, don't miss your OB-GYN's appointment.

I agree with the other respondents to notify your ob/gyn about your symptoms and concerns.  If someone is vomiting (and/or has diarrhea), the individual *might* be at risk for dehydration, so it's very important to let your ob/gyn know about it.  Perhaps the doctor would recommend getting an IV (intravenous) drip for dealing with continued vomiting and/or not being able to keep anything down in one's stomach.  The IV fluids is usually administered at the local emergency room.  

If you're having such difficulties with vomiting and/or weakness, for instance, please either call 9-1-1 or ask a trusted person to drive you to the nearest emergency room.  

There are women who have had tough pregnancies, so you're certainly *not* alone.  It's my understanding that Duchess Kate (Middleton) suffered with severe "morning sickness" aka "hyperemesis gravidarum," for instance.  Please talk with your OB and keep him or her informed of your symptoms and progress.

Have you seen the Amy Schumer documentary about her pregnancy? She required frequent medical attention to get through it, mostly because she vomited so much and couldn't eat. Just like you.

Your OB needs to know about this, so call today for the next available appointment.

No two pregnancies are the same, and even with the same woman, different babies. My mom had WAY different pregnancies with all three of us: my sister was the absolute worst; she was sick the whole entire time and was put on bedrest for the last 3 months. Me? She couldn't stomach anything but melon, and I was a stubborn jerk who refused to come out the normal way, so she got a C-section with me. I was also the heaviest baby, so I gave her the most physical problems, like stretch marks, bad back, etc. My brother? Fine. Her best pregnancy was with him. Typical morning sickness the first few months, normal cravings, ate normally, pushed out in 3 hours, done deal. 

Some women are sick the entire time they are pregnant. Some women are floating, their hormones align just right, and they have amazing pregnancies. It depends on the woman and the baby. If you continue to have unbearable problems, you need to speak to your doctor about it. Aside from heat pads, hot water bottles, and herbal teas to ease the nausea, there's nothing anyone on here can do. They may have been through it before, but their techniques may not work for you and harm the baby. You need to speak with your doctor.

You did not say how far along you are in your pregnancy but at the early stage morning sickness can be a problem but later that goes away. If you are well into you term and are still feeling nauseous all the time then you should be talking with your doctor.