Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 4 weeks ago

how life was different back in early March 2020? (most people were not even thinking anything about a global depression?)?

most had never heard of Covid19 or if they did, they thought it was something nonsensical like Swine Flu or something.?  how about fear of the economy crashing or rioters and anarchy? how has changed and why since what date exactly? March 5th maybe of this year?

AND HOW HAS PROGRESSED SINCE AROUND END OF MAY AND EARLY JUNE AFTER THE RIOTS STARTED?

March was the beginning of the shutdown. I followed the guidelines w/ self-quarantine. I bought groceries in bulk which was enough for a couple weeks at a time instead of how I do it now on bicycle w/ a backpack. It reopened gradually in phases. There are still some limitations but it's practically normal for me. I follow the infection rate by zip code. It's been gradually ticking up around here. It's up to about 5 new cases a day.

Riots? ... first of all, 93% of protesters are peaceful. In some cases, police overstep and increase hostilities. I'd venture to say the super vast majority of us are not affected by the unrest. I live amid suburban sprawl that's populated for many miles in all directions and no unrest around here. One would have to travel 25 miles to get near it.

But, if the unrest bothers you, blame trump. It's on his watch. As president, he's supposed to engineer a forum for debate where factions can air their grievances/differences and decide how to move forward. Biden has vowed to debate police reform. Vote him in and the the unrest stops at least temporarily.

They have ombudsmen in Europe whose job it is to investigate citizen complaints against city officials. The presence of ombudsmen significantly decreases corruption. The idea the police dept. polices itself doesn't work very well here.