QA or Journalism...?

My mom is willing to put down $750 for me to learn QA and later do this for a living... I spent around 7 years studying journalism and ended up with a Mass Comm New Media degree. But have been working at a fast-food restaurant for 5 years, and hadn't had much luck with sending out resume to journalism-related jobs.

This QA course will involve a QA internship... maybe a job later... Might get me a career in something I don't really wanna do, just an alternative to living with parents and working at $12/hour.I'm 37 now, not married, no kids, no girlfriend.

At what point in one's life.. would you say... does one need to let go of what they want and do what is "handed" to them?

I'm sorry :D QA = QUality Assurance, making sure websites have as few errors as possible, that images don't overlap over images and/or text, etc.

maybe you can do both

Tell your mom to keep her money. And WTF is QA?