Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

I suspect my teenage son has ADHD. How do I go about it?

He is very smart, but ever since he was little, teachers had mentioned to me, once or twice, to have him check out for ADHD. It wasn't the obvious and I denied it. As he grows up, I continue to notice him not able to stay on task for long and not good with organizational skills, etc. His school performance is alright, but it definitely doesn't reflect his capability. I think a CBT is a good approach to guide or train him to concentrate and make better decisions. The thing is, I feel I can not just tell him he has mental problem. I guarantee he won't admit he has problem and would refuse to go. Any suggestion on how to go about it?

6 Answers

  • 4 weeks ago

    seek medical help and good luck.

  • 1 month ago

    You can take him to a psychologist that specializes in ADHD and get him tested. 

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    I don't care about your son

  • John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    You must get a professional opinion. Do not go for a packet of pills without professional advice.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • edward
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    There are pills he can take to focus.  I used them a little when i was younger around exam time

  • 1 month ago

    If it's a concern and he's also feel the distress from his troubles to concentrate, then have him evaluated by a professional who can then talk to him about what that means and possible treatment options. If he's not personally struggling though and is able to get through his classes; then maybe leave him alone. Even if he's not a straight-A student, he's obviously been able to manage himself well enough to be successful in school. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.