Anonymous

Is it normal to throw up 15+ times after drinking?

I must admit I drank a little too much the other night on a night out (I'm a student, it happens).

After being sick a red colour (I was dinking pink gin, maybe that's why my sick was red?) my friend took me home where I was sick a red colour again and went to sleep pretty much instantly. When I woke up I continued to vomit around 12-15 times within 2.5 hours, I couldn't keep any water or food down and had nothing in my stomach to throw up so was bringing up this yellow clear liquid. During this horrendous 2.5 hours I got extremely cold and was shivering like crazy and felt my heart beating very fast. At this point it was 12 hours after my last drink.

After I finally stopped being sick I managed to sleep for a couple more hours and when I woke up I haven't been sick since. I know it sounds like a hangover but it just didn't seem normal to be sick that many times and to be so extremely cold. I'm okay now just feel a little weak due to being sick so many times a couple hours ago. Was that normal? Why did my body react like that?

• Eva

You drank more than a "little" too much. You had alcohol poisoning.  That can easily turn into pancreatitis which will land you in the hospital.  Now that you've had this experience, tone down your drinking. Being hungover is just not worth it.

It's a hangover. A REALLY REALLY BAD, NASTY, HORRIBLE HANGOVER, but still a hangover. You drank too damn much and this is what happens. It's happened to me before, too.