Pit asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

I hate my mother's idea about virginity and orgasm. Is my mother right?

She says like single women who have never slept with a man have no sexual desires or even if they have them, they can easily control them without feeling frustrated. She also says that those single women who feel frustrated because of their unfulfilled desires, think too much about sexual matters. She believes that only men are unable to control their sexual urges and they have a right to sleep with women before marriage. She hates women who lose their virginity before marriage.

She also blames women and young girls who get raped, saying that they're responsible for provoking men to touch them.I totally disagree with her. I believe in the equality of men and women when it comes to sexual urges. What about you?

• Trish

Your mother is dead wrong about blaming rape victims and there shouldn't be a double standard.

I definitely believe in equality. No one is forced to rape. If a person does not consent to sex and is forcibly taken advantage of (sexually) that is rape. Even if a person was drunk, and coming on to someone else, if that person decided to have sex with the drunk person, it is rape! 

My parents have the same mindset and I think it’s ridiculous. They are from a different time and they don’t know any better, certain beliefs are engrained into them and there’s nothing anyone can do about it. I personally, prefer to agree to disagree with my parents and never discuss anything with them when it comes to equality 

with all due respect, your mother is a moron. 

That's insane thinking. 

Is this a fake question.  Gay or strait, man or woman, as long as you are not lying about who you are, and what you want, or are abusive, your view, or or how you want to live your life sexually is on you.  I look at sex simple terms. Like driving to work. You can one expressway, side streets, the bus, the train, an Uber, have a friend drive you or a combination of any of them.  You just have to find a person who thinks your way.  Whether you are a porn star, and think sex is like going bowling, just something to do to have fun.  on the other side, only have sex, after marriage.  or any sex life in between.  The only issue is to be honest, how you feel, and do not take advantage of other doing so.  Your mom's belief, or others, is fine for them, yours is fine for you.  But since you mom has opened the door to her beliefs, Say once you do not believe how she believes, so I would bring this issue up again, since we think a little different. If she brings it up, just say, I do not think your way mom, and I will not say your way is wrong, so please do not question my way.   If all you are going to do is say I am wrong, or sinful, than I do not have to come over anymore or as much.  I am not mistreating others, and am not doing anything illegal.  So if you can not accept my way I want to live, since I am over 18 and living on my own, Either we not talk about it, or I just stop coming around.  You might say once, how her beliefs are disrespectful, to women.  since she has made different rules for men and women.  And I would also say, abusive few, saying it is a woman's fault for getting raped. I am a guy, who had 2 of my 5 sisters raped.  Way before the, ME2 movement, as a young boy I was raised, no woman wants to be raped, and even if she was drunk, high, or dressed sexy, it does not give a man the right to rape her.  You as a woman I would be more upset with my mom if she made excuses for a man who raped someone, or blamed the woman for the rape. That is just wrong. And I would tell my mom, so, and tell her if we spend time together, she better not bring up the stupid idea, again or you would not be coming around much if at all, if she keeps bring up she feels its a woman's fault. if she gets raped.  If we are supposed to be equal men women, gay  strait, black , white,  different religions, than we all must have the same rules to live by.   My mom called all my brothers, sisters and I sl*ts because we had sex before marriage.  I did not agree, most of the time.  But speaking only for me, right out of college, traveling with the Military, I did sleep around a bit.  Even in my mind I was sl*ty, but I accepted it, and I did not pretend I wanted more. lie to a girl just for sex.  Hope this helps.  

She's wrong that women don't have sexual desires and she's wrong that men can't be expected to control their urges. I'd just avoid talking about sex and sexual violence with Mom 'cause she's a little nutso on this topic. 

i dont think shes right but you cant change her beliefs

• Jerry

I'm 100% with you!  

I think you're a silly troll.

Unfortunately your mother's antiquated, conservative, and ignorant viewpoint on this issue is not uncommon. Certain cultures were very good at indoctrinating women to think like your mother does and it sounds like your mother is the product of such a culture. No, she's not right.

Wow, your mother is no Einstein is she. She must live in church too.