Why do people do things for recognition?

I recently had a baby and everyone got me something except for my sister. She came to my baby shower empty. She has Plenty of money. So that’s not an isaue. She left saying I’m going to get you something. I left it at that. No biggie. About 2 months later she sends me a video of something She saw on instagram that she thought the baby would like, it was $129, I replied saying, “oh that’s nice she says. She didn’t respond. Then a few days later she sends me the video again, saying this would be nice for the baby. I thought to my self well she did say she would get the baby a gift so my response this time was “Get it for him”. She immediately purchased it, however the item was like a 2 in 1 thing so you would also need to purchase another item so that it would function properly but it cost $240. I purchased the additional item a few days later and when I purchased it I sent her a picture of my son in it enjoying himself. A few days later I posted a picture on facebook of my son in the 2 in one machine., a few SECONDS after I posted the video she texted me and said isn’t that the thing I purchased the baby. I explained yes, along with the other item I purchased. She Immediately got upset bc I didn’t acknowledge her to the Facebook world in my post bc she helped purchase it. But I was just so happy and posting it as my son seemed to love it, Mind you I also spent money on it too. My post said “(He absolutely loves it)

What a couple of drama queens. Why is just saying, "Hey sorry I forgot to mention part of this thing was a gift from you" so terribly difficult. Your relationship with your sister is clearly unstable but it has been for a long time.

Maybe your sister i just kind of a crappy person.

"No biggie."  Right...

................

I can't tell you why you felt the need to troll for recognition by posting a picture of your young child on a public social media forum for all the world to see. That would be something to ask yourself. A lot of parents don't post such pics and believe it's not fair to the kid and is an invasion of his/her privacy. 

• John

Seeking recognition is against my grain, I like to keep a low profile.

Additional info: She got extremely upset and said if you dont see anything wrong with not acknowledging me then why should I even acknowledge you as a person?!.. Was I wrong, Did I totally miss something??