Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 month ago

How to get pee smell out mattress?

My child peed in my bed. How can I pee smell out mattress, I can still smell it?

Pls help. I just got mattress last u, it was a fairly cheap mattress away brand new. Thing is I have ba king size bed and don't really won't to spend money getting a new one. Will I have to just get a new mattress

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Deane
    Lv 5
    6 days ago

Make sure to keep 20 Mule Team Borax on hand. Sprinkle it on the wet mattress and follow the directions on the side of the box. This box does more then just laundry.

• 4 weeks ago

Go to a pet store and purchase their "pee" products that contain ingredients to eliminate odors and stains.

Once clean and dry, purchase a waterproof mattress pad to protect the clean mattress.

• enn
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

You can rent an upholstery cleaning machine for about $20, and use their recommended liquid cleaning solution designed for pet urine. After cleaning the mattress, spray with Lysol disinfectant for a better smell. Clean the mattress front and back, then make sure it is completely dry before using it again. It should take about 24 hours for it to dry thoroughly. You can then buy a cheap mattress protection pad at Bed Bath and Beyond or Target (don't get one at W-mart their product is poor) or Costco and keep the mattress clean for longer time. Good luck!

• 4 weeks ago

Poop.  It cancels out the pee.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

pet pee enzyme liquid.

It's gonna get worse before it clears the stink though

• Edwena
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Mattress pad.  Try Febreeze and soap and water.

• Droopy
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I'd clean it with some upholstery cleaner.  Then use some odorxit the stuff works really well.  I keep a bottle in house and use it on anything that gets a smell.

• 1 month ago

turn it over on the clean side

• Barry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.