Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 month ago

How to get pee smell out mattress?

My child peed in my bed. How can I pee smell out mattress, I can still smell it?

Pls help. I just got mattress last u, it was a fairly cheap mattress away brand new. Thing is I have ba king size bed and don't really won't to spend money getting a new one. Will I have to just get a new mattress

• Deane
    6 days ago

Make sure to keep 20 Mule Team Borax on hand. Sprinkle it on the wet mattress and follow the directions on the side of the box. This box does more then just laundry.

Go to a pet store and purchase their "pee" products that contain ingredients to eliminate odors and stains.

Once clean and dry, purchase a waterproof mattress pad to protect the clean mattress.

• enn

You can rent an upholstery cleaning machine for about $20, and use their recommended liquid cleaning solution designed for pet urine. After cleaning the mattress, spray with Lysol disinfectant for a better smell. Clean the mattress front and back, then make sure it is completely dry before using it again. It should take about 24 hours for it to dry thoroughly. You can then buy a cheap mattress protection pad at Bed Bath and Beyond or Target (don't get one at W-mart their product is poor) or Costco and keep the mattress clean for longer time. Good luck!

Poop.  It cancels out the pee.

pet pee enzyme liquid.

It's gonna get worse before it clears the stink though

• Edwena

Mattress pad.  Try Febreeze and soap and water.

• Droopy

I'd clean it with some upholstery cleaner.  Then use some odorxit the stuff works really well.  I keep a bottle in house and use it on anything that gets a smell.

turn it over on the clean side

• Barry