Why isn't my plumbing working?

I'm not a professional plumber by any means, but I decided to do the plumbing in my hunting cabin. I hooked up a toilet then a shower then a sink. The toilet works perfectly but I am not getting any water to the shower or sink. I cut the line in between the shower and sink and had great water pressure so I know water is going to them but when I turn on the faucets I get almost nothing.

test, test, test.  disconnect at the fixture and test flow.  if it's low or zero, move back down the line to the first valve, disconnect there, and test flow.  this will end up with you finding the location of the problem.  as to why -- we can only guess.  maybe you stored the piping somewhere for an extended period and something plugged it up.  maybe something was pushed by water pressure through the piping and clogged at a valve.  maybe the valves' inner guts aren't working properly.  -- grampa

• Aggy

You say you " ........ turn on the faucets". That is your mistake. You need to install taps and then turn them on. 

• Edwena

It sounds like you don't know what pipes do what.  Trace them out and look for a valve that is shut.  There can be a shut off valve below the sink, for example or hidden in a wall.   You get reduced volume of water because of a large pressure drop.  A large pressure drop is caused by a restriction of the flow of water. That is why different amounts of water come out of a faucet depending upon how much you open the hole in the faucet. Same applies somewhere else in the piping.  It isn't magic.

• Droopy

I'd say blockage, valve not open all the way or wrong size supply pipe to them. You could unhook the sink where to tighten its supply tube to thffe water line. See what pressure is there.   Then could see if it's the system or fixtures.  What size supply piping did you use.  

Your main line I wouldn'tgo smaller than 3/4 then lines to fixtures I wouldn'tgo smaller than 1/2 inch.