If you were held captive by pirates...?

Apparently, some men are kidnapped by pirates and told that they have two options, either become a pirate or get killed. If they choose to become a pirate, they are forced to go on murderous raids and missions. 

My question is, once the person held captive gets too old to be useful, would they kill him or let him live?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

I think they would let him live.......

• David
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

The pirate code didn't have them killing old members. Do some research. 

• JOHN B
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

He's a pirate now. He gets a silver cutlass and a tearful farewell.

• 3 weeks ago

I think they would let him live

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Oh, they'd let him live. Of course they would, you typical "Stephen", you. They kept the old ones for when they had to dock at a harbour when they'd tie them down along the gunwales to stop the ship scraping against the jetties. They'd also use them for target practice and "relief" when they got becalmed in the Sargasso sea. Hope this helped.

PS

Kudos for Ron Akia's answer. Genius!

• 3 weeks ago

Old-time pirates had a retirement home on Pirate Island where they just sat around and drank grog while they played with their wenches.

• John P
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Are you asking about pirates in modern times, or about pirates in times portrayed in 'Pirates of the Caribbean ' and 'Treasure Island'?

• 3 weeks ago

Who knows? Different pirates behave in different ways at different times in different circumstances. Nobody can tell you, "Yes, the pirates would definitely kill/not kill him".

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Wouldn't that rather depend on how well they've integrated into the pirate community?

• 3 weeks ago

Cool so youd have good moral reason to murder raid rape and in general have fun (you have to)

Err yes they either kill or leave u on an island alone

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.