Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Relationship advice ?

I’ve been dating this girl for almost a year now. It’s been good and I really do love her and don’t want to leave her. But around beginning of august she broke my trust for her. Basically she randomly unblocked this guy she used to hook up with. In beginning I told her I don’t want her talking to him so she blocked him then 6 months later she felt the need to unblock him and text him that she feels bad for blocking with no explanation. She told me she would do this and I said no and we fought for 2 days about it. Long story short the whole time we were fighting she was texting him behind my back and the 3 night she lied to me to hang out w him. Turned off location and went on a drive she said. When I saw text the next morning we broke up but I took her back after talking about it. All she said the reasoning was I was being too controlling. She has a past of cheating on her boyfriends and the bf before me she cheated with the same guy now. Honeslty I don’t want to leave her but this is still bugging me. Is there any suggestions on how I can get past this or is it a lost cause. 

i don't see why you'd need advice for a relationship that is already a lost cause...

think about it this way. would you do what she is doing in the tables were turned? would you be talking to a girl you hooked up with before when you are in a relationship?

break up.

also, in the next relationship, don't feel the need to tell her who she can and can't talk to...

Mutual trust is one of the keys to any long lasting relationship. Unfortunately you have found out that she's not a strong woman.

A strong person has good character (honesty, integrity, trustworthiness), displays a positive attitude (cheerful, caring, friendly, forgiving, helpful, and respectful), fulfills their responsibilities (for handling pains in a positive way, for always trying to make a good choice, for taking care of themselves, for serving others), gives their best effort, and demonstrates self-control (of their body, anger, mouth and money). 

This is type of person to look for if you want to avoid another broken heart.

Hope this helps!

Source(s): The book True Love Lasts

Leave her tf alone! She isn't worth it! If she wasn't faithful to her ex bfs, she still isn't faithful to you.🤨 If she's willing to change herself to make this relationship strong between you and her then don't give her up. If not, find a girl That's worth fighting for!😯

• Trish

This seems like a lost cause.

• John P

"She has a history of cheating on her boyfriends." Surely that is all you need to know.

Now that you have time on your hands by dismissing her, you should get some help with your use of the English language.

Why are you tracking her location, your not married to her and even then it's invasive 

Both of you need to go your separate ways:

1. You ARE being too controlling. You don't get to tell other people what they can and cannot do or who they can be in contact with. 

2. You have every right to decide whether or not you are comfortable with your girlfriend hanging out with an ex or not.  If you are not and she is doing that, it's time for you to move on.

3. People who actually love and care about someone else don't sneak around or do things they know are hurtful.  Your so-called girlfriend has done just that.  What does that say about how important you are in her life?  Why would you want to continue to be with someone like that?

4.This woman has a history of having her cake and eating it too.  In other words, she. has a bad habit of needed to reconnect with guys she's dumbed.  This isn't healthy for her or for her relationships.  She is making a clear choice to sabotage her current relationships.  Again, is this really the type of person you want to spend time with?

• Marty

I'm afraid I can only suggest leaving her. Trust is the most important part of a relationship, once the trust is gone you won't be happy for always wondering. Find a faithful woman and you'll be happy and content. Sorry.

• Sassy

Break up with her. Once cheater, Always a cheater.

• kristy

Dump her. She’s screwing the other guy behind your back