Will redness in my eye heal? How long?

About two days ago, September 24, 2020, I ate a ghost pepper. I couldn’t handle the heat and I threw it up. After I threw up my eyes were very red. 

Two days later, my eyes look better but they are still red. I probably strained my eyes when I threw up. How long will this take to heal? Is this permanent? 

• Shay

My eyes have looked exactly like that before.  It is usually caused by eye strain and it is because some small blood vessels burst.  (one time, I actually FELT the bleeding when it happened to me.)

It DOES go away in about two weeks.  It will start looking better slowly and change from bright red to a shade of pink and the eventually it will completely clear up.

You can use eye drops if you need something to help soothe them.  Using a natural tears eye drop is best.  

The redness in the eye from broken blood vessels usually goes away naturally after a week or two. Artificial tears can soothe the eyes but will not repair any broken blood vessels. Rubbing the eye can increase the risk of excess bleeding right after onset, so avoid rubbing your eyes for as long as possible.

Source(s): Google