Anonymous

I've started dieting, but I'm having trouble sleeping for long?

idk if this is related? it takes me an hour to fall asleep (bc I'm slightly hungry). then I wake up at 5 and sometimes can't fall asleep. I go to bed at 10, fall asleep by 11. you'd think id be more tired from school& exercise, right? 

sounds like you could be having Low blood sugar issues

Blood Sugar and Sleep Problems

LOW BLOOD SUGAR – HYPOGLYCEMIA

On the opposite end of the spectrum, if your blood glucose is too low, hypoglycemia, you may also wake up during the night. Every cell in your body needs sugar to work properly. It’s your body’s main source of energy. When your sugar levels fall too low it can cause a variety of problems within your central nervous system which can include:

1.Hunger

2.Weakness

3.Dizziness

4.Nervousness

5.Anxiousness

6.Irritability

7.Chills

8.Sweating

9.Tingling or numbness of mouth

10.Blurred Vision

11.Headache

12.Confusion

13.Nightmares

14.Sleepwalking

15.Restlessness

The next time you wake up during the night with these symptoms, check your blood glucose. When there is a drop in the blood glucose level, it causes the release of hormones that regulate glucose levels, such as adrenaline, glucagon, cortisol, and growth hormone. These compounds stimulate the brain. They are a natural signal that it is time to eat.

Good bedtime snacks to keep blood sugar levels steady throughout the night are oatmeal and other whole grain cereals, whole grain breads and muffins, and other complex carbohydrates. These foods will not only help maintain blood sugar levels, they actually can help promote sleep by increasing the level of serotonin in the brain.

Severe low blood sugar is sometimes called insulin shock. Untreated, it can be very dangerous, resulting in seizures, loss of consciousness, or death.

being hungry might be keeping you up, maybe you should eat a snack