Thoughts about moving back to home state ? ?

I moved to Massachusetts all alone in the beginning of May this year . I’ve met a few good people along the way and I enjoy the work that I do but I can’t stop thinking about moving back home to Florida . I know it’s only been a few months since I’ve been living in a different state but the homesickness is real and I miss my family . I feel like I’m missing out on a lot . I’m gonna stick it out for a few more months . I just wanted to see what people’s thoughts or advice are about moving back or staying . 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

I've lived in Florida for 24 years. I had family at one time, but no More. The only thing that better than CT, is no cold winters. But my favorite state is CA.

It all a personal choice.

Source(s): The key thing is: What are you moving away from/to?

Why would you want to be around a bunch of Massholes?

• drip

Why did you move in the first place? There had to be some pretty good reason why you left and went to Massachusetts. Considering the year we all have had and that you only been the a few months, I would stay.  

Could you find a job now. Would switched jobs so soon look bad on your resume. 

if you can replicate your professional life in Florida and won't have to drop out of a career sector you love, go ahead and make that happen. 

• Andrew

You're asking total and complete strangers to provide insight on what you ought to do with your own life. How could any of us possibly know whether staying where you are or going home would be the best choice in the long run? None of us knows what led to you moving there in the first place. Were you looking for a change? Was there a job opportunity available there that you wanted to pursue? Why Massachusetts? Why not Maryland or Missouri instead? Without knowing what compelled you to move in the first place, nobody can advise you on what to do. One thing you should know is that eventually each of us has to make his or her own way in the world. Family, friends and familiarity are all great, but you'll never know what's out there if you don't afford yourself the opportunity to try to build a life outside of your comfort zone. While sticking it out might build character and teach you things about yourself and about the world you might never discover back home, there's no point doing anything you hate doing. If you're miserable - truly miserable, don't wait a few months. Go home as soon as possible. But ultimately you're the only one in a position to decide what's best for you. Good luck. 

It gets very cold in Massachusetts in the winter.