Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Why am I a f*cking moron??

I'm a 20 year old female from Iran. When I was 18, I left my parents' house to live at a dorm. I lived at the dorm (only occasionally visiting my parents), but the damn Coronovirus came and I had to come back home. No, I can't move out though I've had several part-time and online jobs (I've done various things such as translating essays, teaching English, French and Greek, selling my artworks, doing my classmate's assignments in return of some money, working in a network marketing company, etc.). Why can't I move out? Because I live in a very toxic and suppressive society that forces the young generation to stay with their parents, unless they have can go and live in a place which is controlled by the government (such as the dorm). The dorm was closed 8 months ago and I still can't go back there.

So the reason I consider myself a stupid woman is that I can't do the house chores. I mean I follow various educational programmes (yes, I know that's the British spelling of "programs") such as the MOOC courses of Harvard university, my college's courses and so on. I also speak 3 languages beside my mother tongue and I draw/paint. I'm currently writing a novel in English which is soon going to get published.

But I can't do the house chores and my mother keeps scolding me for that. I nearly burned the house and our pet was going to suffocate, when I once left the house and forgot to turn off the stove. I also keep dropping and breaking the dishes or tripping over various objects.

I'm planning on moving abroad, but I need to finish my studies first. That means, I have to wait for at least 2 or 3 years to get away from my family.

My mother keeps scolding me in front of other people as if I'm a child. 

I wish I could get back to the dorm again.

My mother believes that it's unavoidable for a woman to do the house chores, so she must try her best to become a good housewife. She doesn't value my educational progress, because I'm an awful housewife.

I study fisheries engineering, acting and theater history at the same time. My main plan is to become a successful actress, but I'm keeping engineering as a B plan.

I live at the dorm for 2 years*

lived*

unless they can go*

I don’t think you are a moron, just very stressed. Try to make some time to relax, you are attempting to do too many things at once.

you dont sound dumb to me

• .

I don’t think you are a moron. Maybe you have ADHD or Autism. Maybe try and get 9hrs sleep, exercise daily (try yoga), meditate 20min 2x a day and practice gratitude. It’s very helpful. You should also see a good doctor about this.