If you had a tool box with duct tape, drill, tape measure, tie wire, self taper screw, pliers; which do you think is most useful?

Pick one only please.  

duct tap where would we be without it 

• John P

You have omitted 'cross-point screwdriver', and 'flat-blade screwdriver'.

I presume 'self-tapper screw', self-taper screw would not be much use.

And it depends on what sort of problem you are trying to fix as to which of those things, including both sorts of screwdriver, would be the most useful.

Pliers - you can twist, cut and grip but not terribly well, which is why we have developed specific tools for specific tasks.

Each does a different JOB.   That is like asking  which is more useful... a priest, a roofer, or a septic tank cleaner guy.  

That depends. What am I about to do? If I needed to drill a hole, the pliers are useless. If I wanted to pull a nail out of a board, the tape measure is useless. if I wanted to measure something, the tie wire won't help.

That isn't even a BAD tool box.

Which is most useful depends on what needs done.

That said, the screw is 100% USELESS without something to drive it into whatever you are trying to screw it into.

Duct tape but pliers runs a very close second.

The wire          .

• gerald

The drill obviously

• geezer

The Tool Box