Kyle
Lv 7
Kyle asked in SportsBaseball · 1 month ago

Now that the final day of the regular season is here, what are your takes?

Did you think we'd make it to the end of the baseball season in 60 games?  i sure didn't, especially after the breakouts of the marlins and cardinals and what they went through.

what do you think of all the rule changes now?  i'm sure the DH will stay with both leagues, maybe even the three batter minimum rule for relief pitching.

the only one i don't like is the man at 2nd rule in extra innings.  at least not until the 13th or 14th.  for a 60 game season, that's fine.  but not for a normal 162 game season.

do you think they will cut back number of total games at all?  now that we see competitive play can still happen in a short season, will be interesting in next CBA if they try to cut out 10 or even 20 games.  to give more days off and days for travel.  not to mention make up games.  i'd be OK with that.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

My opinions stay the same.

The 2nd base runner is dumb and should be gone, even thou the league and most announcers shamelessly promote it like it's a good thing.

The DH will probably stay, but I still think pitchers hitting is a good part of  the game that shouldn't be removed.

3 batter minimum is staying, that was a change that was coming regardless of the virus ruining the season.

I wouldn't mind a bit shorter season, there is no need for so many games.

• 2 days ago

Sure we can depending on hour we started 

• 1 month ago

Chimpmaker says that next season all teams should choose up sides, and everybody has to play or he'll take his ball and go home.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.