Why do I keep having dreams of my boyfriend dying?

I keep having dreams of my boyfriend dying by getting shot by the police. It’s always the same but in different settings, the police were after him for something he didn’t do and he dies in front of me. I feel like it’s my fault every time because I opened the door for them and I couldn’t save him or protect him. 

Take a good look at your relationship.  Where do you act as the protector in his Life?  Where or why would he need protection?  The answer to this question will give you the answer to why you dream of needing to rescue him. He is shot and dies but he is a good guy, so you know the truth about him, and the authority figures have it all wrong.  You can interpret your own dream by replacing the authority figures (police) with real people in your lives, and ask yourself why do I believe he needs protecting from them? 

• Darla

Something might be telling you danger. Premonitions. Or you worry too much about your partner. 

• Marty

When your boyfriend dies in your dream, it may be in response to feelings of loss or change. Death often represents change, which is not necessarily a negative event. Your boyfriend’s death may be a representation of a change of behavior or thought processes.

Additionally, it may be a reflection of your fear of losing him. This is perfectly normal and acceptable. Allow dreams of death to influence you to become closer and more emotionally attentive to your partner. This will help him be more likely to share himself with you.