What do Republicans think of LGBTQ+ Conversion therapy ?

Honest question. And if you accept that it causes extreme harm to individuals, would you agree it should be banned for all individuals regardless of age? 

• A.J.

As a general rule, Republicans want LBGTQ+ to just disappear completely.

Take that in any form you wish, but there are exceptions when they can get a political endorsement, by which they give some false words.

Conversion therapy mostly seriously harms teenagers, and in general makes people depressed. Republicans like to let Christian or Jewish religion be politically supportive to them. 

Figure it out from this point, and it's not hard to understand.

I know I have missed "Favorite Answer" here but I need to explain why this kind of therapy is terribly harmful.  Homosexuality is natural.  It is NOT the result of someone's bad decision. It is a condition of birth.Don't believe me?  Here's how you find out I'm not kidding.  The religious nuts will just ignore this, but if you are really curious:  Using your favorite browser, look up this phrase - "homosexual + brain scan" - exactly like that but without the quotes.  Then look for some articles from England and the UK from the early 1990s.Some doctors were experimenting with Positron Emission Tomography (P.E.T. scans) and discovered that the human brain comes in two configurations - male and female.  In a way, that is no major surprise.  But when they expanded the study, they found some cases where a male brain was in a female body or a female brain was in a male body.  And when they asked, the persons having this mixed brain/body configuration were, indeed, homosexual.  Turns out that when the brain and body disagree, the brain ALWAYS wins.  If you hear a homosexual say "I feel that I was born in the wrong body" they might not be wrong.  Literally.What this means in practical terms is this:  Brain configuration is determined during pregnancy.  (The articles say "during gestation" which is the same thing.)  The brain configuration is determined by the time that fetus reaches viability.  Therefore, this brain/body gender dysphoria is a condition of birth, NOT the result of someone's decision to "go gay" or "go straight."In the sense that this is a possible result of an uneventful pregnancy and birth, it has to be considered "normal."  It wasn't the result of disease and isn't a genetic anomaly or mutation. 

This question talks of correctional therapy to make a gay person "revert" to heterosexual behavior, but with this realization that it is a physical, not a psychological issue, it becomes clear that such therapy could NEVER work.  EVER.  It would merely try to make people become something that they are not.Net result:  Homosexuality is the result of a normal pregnancy and birth, so has to be considered normal in many ways.  Therapy to change what is normal is not therapy, it is torture, humiliation, and stupidity.

I think therapy is necessary for delusional men who think they are women and women who think they are men. Call it conversion therapy all you want , i just call it therapy

As for gays i don't think therapy is required. Being gay is a choice and they have the option to either repent and be saved or continue living in sin and revelling in their filth.

Yes, thats why it is illegal in many states. I know some one that was forced to go, that poor guy has got such mental problems today, He is hooked on MJ, trying to forget, It help at the beginning. He needs major help, he needs toi be deprogrammed, and his religious parents dont give a damn of how it affected him...F religion.

I'm not a republican but I voted for Trump, so maybe I am one in a sense. I am gay and I don't feel like therapy would change that for me. Same for any queer/trans person.

I think conversion therapy is a good idea for lesbians and transgenders.

But I love to make love to gorgeous and masculine gay men, so I want more of them -- not less!

Mike Pence has advocated for it, which is understandable since he himself obviously went through it himself.

• Kieth

In America, we have the freedom to choose what kind of freak we want to be. As long as we aren't hurting anyone else, it's nobody's business who we are.