Ramiro
Lv 6
Ramiro asked in SportsBoxing · 2 months ago

"Boxing is fun, even when your losing and close to dying" - Oscar Delahoya. Agree/Disagree?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Murzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Agree                                 .

• 4 weeks ago

Disagree. I can't believe he really said that! You must have taken it out of context.

• 4 weeks ago

lol only a true warrior would say that, no surprise then that the quote comes from a legend such as Oscar De La Hoya

You don't think about losing you go in their with the mentality to knock the opponents head clean off with each blow/punch.

" punches with bad intentions"

thats the mentality one must have.   Also its essential you have mastered the art of evading punches to some degree ,  counter punching AND good foot and head movement.

Dont are if you're the hardest puncher on the planet, if you barely move your head or position in the ring the ring you're just as dangerous as a bronze statue in the middle of a ring lol

either move and punch or get punched lol

• 1 month ago

I mean not for me.  But have you ever watched Roberto Duran when he was a lightweight.  It was like he enjoyed getting hit.  Sometimes he had to get hit some very hard shots before he started doing his damage.  He lived for it and I truly believe he enjoyed being hit.  Of course older Duran fighting too many weight divisions up probably did not enjoy getting Hit by the Hearns right.  Well if he can even remember it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Some get punch drunk after so many fights.

• 2 months ago

Disagree.  The quote should be, "...when you're losing..."

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Agreed. Prime Oscar beats mayweather. He damn near did it and he was well past his best.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Says a guy who quit on his stool how many times?

• 2 months ago

No, I find boxing to be boring. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.