Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

my cousin told me she has been sexually assaulted by her cousin but I don't know how to help..?

Last night my cousin who is a minor told me she has been getting sexually assaulted by her cousin and I can't sit by and let this guy be a free man. She told me that this has been going on for 6 or 7 years and its absolutley awful what he has done to her. its not just him touching her, he has physically done things to her that are so hard to even think of... She told me that she told her parents but they said that they gave her the choice to report it but she chose not to. She told me that she wished they would've made the choice to report it, and it makes me so mad that as her parents they couldn't bring this to court because he is family. She still has to see him every Sunday at church and she is developing an eating disorder because of how this is messing with her head. I know I shouldn't tell her story online but I need someone to guide me and tell me what to do because I can't sit here and do absolutely nothing to help her like her parents are doing. She even told me that her parents don't even really ask her if she's ok. I want to help, I need to help. please help me out and let me know what I should do... 

Contact whichever one of her parents you're a blood relative to and tell them you're going to report this if they don't. Remind them that if they're continuing to put their daughter in harms way child protective services could take her out of the home and put her in foster care. 

Call police or tell her to secretly record the cousin and hand the evidence over to either police or family

i would just report it yourself

Report it to CPS

Contact the authorities and report felony sex abuse of a minor.

tell the police

Call the police.