Why is my ex coworker who I got along with really well and became work friends ignoring my follow request on Instagram?

before I got fired, my coworker and I became really good work friends. We talked a lot about personal things and got on really well. At times I felt he could be into me. And we just had really fun working together. After I got fired, I wanted to see if he’d like to stay in touch so I sent him a follow request and it’s been about a week now and he has yet to accept or declined. I was bored and wanted to check if he did, and noticed he accepted one person and followed one person but mine still says requested so why is he ignoring it instead of just declining. I don’t understand. Not like I’ll keep requesting if he does decline. And I think I would rather just have him decline it than letting it sit there. Should I just leave it or just cancel it at this point 

Thats up to you

Because he knows you are a bad person