Which way would you pronounce Alisa?

Ah-lees-a or Ah-liss-a and do you like the name, why? And if you don’t, why?

A lee sha.....

AH-LEE-SA and that is the correct pronunciation. 

• garry

ah lee sha .  learn to speak english first .

I would say it the first way. And either way, I just don't like the sound of it. Just the sound, is old fashioned. From the Victorian era.

• Kevin

ah-LEE-sah.

I don’t like it because people will pronounce it differently(ah-LEE-sah and ah-LISS-uh) therefore leaving the bearer of the name a lifetime of having to correct peoples pronunciation of their name

• John P

Al-EE-sah.  Ah-liss-a sounds awkward. Actually any form, even mine, sounds awkward. It seems like a half-complete name, not fully formed.

It wants to be Alison, maybe? 

• Jill

A-lees-uh. It's okay. I prefer Alyssa (pronouced a-liss-uh).  

I love Ah-liss-a but would 100% spell it Alyssa or Alissa. I really don't like Ah-lees-a. I find it annoying sounding and pretentious.

I would pronounce it ah-lees-a; I prefer the spelling Elisa and it was one of my favorite names until I had an apartment manager with the name who is not the greatest person and has just about ruined it for me. 

All-lisa Aye-lisa. I personally think AlTuna is prettier.