Should I ask my professor for partial credit for an assignment I submitted 20 min late?

My professor doesn’t accept late work, although she has allowed me partial credit in the past for an assignment I attempted and did wrong. This assignment was supposed to be submitted through our forums which doesn’t close on the due date. I had finished the presentation slide early and was waiting on my video to upload which ended up taking 2 hours past the deadline to upload. 20 min past the deadline I decided to just upload my presentation slide while I waited for my video. I was hoping I would get credit for it, which is why I did not email my professor at the time. Although, I checked the grade book now and saw the 0/50 mark. I’m almost at a B for my final grade, so I really need this partial credit. Should I just ask? 

• Lili

You can ask; there's no guarantee you'll get it.

I'd go ahead and ask. What have you got to lose? In the circumstances, I might be inclined to give a student partial credit, though frankly, it doesn't sound as though you finished the presentation slide early ENOUGH.  If you'd done that the day before, this wouldn't have happened.

In future, leave yourself more time.

Were you not allowed to turn it in early?Sounds like you need a really good "time management" seminar. 

I mean honestly, it sounds like this was not your first nor "one & only" late assignment. 

Check the syllabus and see what it says about "late assignments" and make your best argument, but you will find in life there is a reason the term is called "deadline".   

No Late is Late Unless you can Give a Great reason

dsfsddsvcsvcdsvsvfsvdfvf

• John P

I trust that you have now got the message from your professor that she does not accept work submitted late for any reason.  Perhaps a harsh way to learn it, but there you go.

I trust that you will have learned the lesson and re-organised your life so that you get stuff in on time.

By all means ask her for some credit, but be humble if she says no. Ask just once, do not drag out the conversation.

• garry

you where 20 minutes late , the word is late , your fault no one elses .

I don't understand why young people have such a problem with turning in things on time.  I never turned anything in late in nearly three decades of education.  If you turned in a project to my company, you'd be fired on the spot.  A bad grade is an easy price to pay for something that could cost you thousands or even millions in the future.

Young people idiocy no. It’s late

Yu knew the policy, and the deadline for submission. You should have done something to get it in on time, instead of acting on an alternative submission plan after the deadline passed. You can ask, but expect a No. Especially since you have already been granted an exception to the rules once because you "did the assignment wrong." In other words, you have a poor track record going into this assignment. It's up to your professor, but don't expect to be granted "special dispensation" again!

Only your professor knows whether or not she'll consider your request.  If you want to ask, ask.  The best that can happen is that you'll get some credit.  The wort that can happen is that you won't and the professor will give you a dressing down for asking. 

The thing you need to learn is that you can't wait until the last couple of hours before an assignment is due to turn it in -- particularly if it is via an electronic/computer application.