With the crashing economy, I have been asked to work more than before. I am unable to give time to my family. How to adapt this new routine?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

This is a really weird time when some parents are barely seeing their kids and others are seeing them too much ;-) All any of us can do is to try to earn money when we can and do our best to keep our families on track. The mental health fallout from this is going to be massive. So do what you need to and understand that you're not alone. There are few anywhere whose lives haven't been upended by this. Good luck. 

• 3 weeks ago

You are so-o-o lucky to have kept your existing job this year! Be grateful & very glad you have that job & steady paycheck. If you are getting paid overtime, be especially grateful! As for family, yes, it is difficult right now for everybody. You need to assess very clearly your priorities for your time. Job - yes. But you can probably streamline a lot of activities to focus on time with the family. Since most people are spending practically all their time outside of work at home, that's been very easy for most people! 

For one thing, make "cleaning up after" part of the activity. E.g. picnic in the backyard for supper, but everybody helps set it up & clean it up! Children by the age of 12-18 months can start learning to "put their toys to bed" at night, with supervision until they get them all. Make it a game as well as part of their get ready for bed routine. Toys go nite-nite first, then bath, jammies, bedtime story & sleep.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

You are constantly posting on various aspects of working life. No wonder you don't have time for your family. You are always on YA!

• 3 weeks ago

Work from home comes with its own certain restrictions. One not only has to do their job but also must do household chores. Start by making a schedule for everything and taking out time for yourself and your family. The book ‘Stress diaries’ by Dr. Rachna Khanna Singh is a compelling read that will help you achieve this objective.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.