My Black and Decker 18v drill doesn't stay charged very well. It's a year old. I don't use it hard. I have 2 batteries with the same problem?

• sissy

what has happened it the batteries were charged when they wernt dead..your suppose to drain a batterie all the way before charging it because charging it halfway for some reason causes it to only charge half..i believe this as i did the same thing with a ryobe set and when i got new battries i charged them only when drained all the way and they still work ..

• G R

Did you look up the model and see if there is a recall or others having the same problem.  Perhaps the batteries are are defective or the charger isn't fully charging them or operator error when charging...

Black and Decker is the same company that makes Defaulty tools

for future reference Milwaukee has the best drills

it should still be under warranty, get them to replace the batteries but those too will eventually go bad

theres an old saying, you can buy cheap tools over and over but you buy quality only once

funny old world ..im a builder ..yes i would buy a black and decker ..but only if the other option was a ryobi ..yet my longest lasting battery tool ..by years ..is a dewalt ....black and decker own them!

• Droopy

Not sure how they do there charger.  But some lower end company don't have a full charge detector which cuts off the charge.  If it doesn't have that then it can damage the battery which could be the case here.  

Plus its a black and decker so not exactly top of line i wouldn't put it in the middle.