Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 4 weeks ago

Can I eat eggs?

I don't eat meat because it comes from killing animals. I don't want animals to suffer for human consumption. Is it acceptable to eat eggs? Vegans and PETA hate eggs but I don't think any sort of pain is involved in it 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • denise
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

Vegans don't eat eggs, as they don't eat animals or anything produced by an animal.

Most vegetarians eat eggs and dairy products.

• 4 weeks ago

Try eating your own brown eggs first.

Dont mind the smell!

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Eggs come out of the same hole on a chicken that they poop, pee and have sex with. It`s called the cloaca. Wash it all you want, it still came out of a chicken`s butt hole. Still want to eat butt hole eggs?

• Daisy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Sure. Eat what you want.

But I have to bust your bubble. Eating plants causes animals to die, too.

Every time farm equipment goes through a field, plowing, planting, fertilizing, spraying insecticide, harvesting crops it kills animals. Mice, birds, snakes, voles, etc are all sliced, run over and left to die in the field.

So, yes, eat what you want, but you are part of the life cycle. For you to live, something else is going to die.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

you CAN eat what ever you want. You are an individual and can make up your own mind.

• 4 weeks ago

You "can" eat what you want. Only female chickens lay eggs, of course. Most males are killed when young chicks.

• 4 weeks ago

Unfertilised eggs aren't killing anything.

Animal welfare may be an issue; but it rather depends where you buy your eggs. Free range chickens obviously have better lives than factory farmed ones. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It's “acceptable” to eat anything that's considered “food” including eggs and meat. If you don't want to eat those things that's up to you.

Whose approval are you looking for?

• 4 weeks ago

Chickens that lay eggs are treated just as badly as chickens raised for meat.  They're de-beaked so they can't peck each other's eyes out, and then put in tiny cages where they can't spread their wings.  Look on YouTube.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.