i like how some people in sororities have all the same preset on their instagram, & i was wondering what presets they use & how to make them?

You probably know what presets are, but if you don’t, basically they’re an already made edit for a photo. i really like how sorority people have there’s and was just wondering how they make theirs (and if there’s a way to make it myself, instead of paying for one)

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Sumi
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Many presets are free and that's probably what other people that you follow are using.

To make a preset is quite easy.  All you need is a program that allows for a preset to be created.  If you don't have a program that allows for the creation of a preset, simply remember or store the settings as a note to yourself on your phone. 

Presets are not meant to be a one-button solution to photo editing but instead they should be used as a starting point from which you fine tune the sliders based upon the content of the image.  Not all images work with every preset because things like the lighting, mood and subject matter vary too much for a one-preset-fits-all solution to work.

Adobe Lightroom is a great program for photo editing.  There is a mobile version, but it's best to edit on your computer because of the greater control.  Most, if not all, successful content creators on Instagram DO NOT use a phone for their images.  Instead, they use proper cameras like a mirrorless or DSLR to take the images.  They then edit the images on a computer and then email the finished photo to themselves so that they can use their phones to upload the image to IG.

But if all you want is to have a preset, you simply need an app that allows you to create one or at least work with ones that you download.  Adobe Lightroom Mobile is free, but you will have to pay for the upgraded version for additional features to be activated.  Either way, you can download presets for Lightroom for free and since LR is among the most popular of photo-editing apps, there's going to be a lot to choose from.

• 3 weeks ago

Are we just supposed to guess, or are you planning to post a photo?

• 3 weeks ago

How about using a modicum of intelligence and showing us what the photographs look like?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.