Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 4 weeks ago

What will the world be like when AI learns how to do everything and humans aren't needed?

we have all the evidence we need to conclude that AI cannot learn and certainly cannot reach human freedom of action

Even after a couple decades Dreyfus was right

What Computers Still Can't Do: A Critique of Artificial Reason Revised ed. Edition

by Hubert L. Dreyfus (Author)

We won't survive that long.

Nobody knows, but it won't happen for many more lifetimes, if at all, so don't worry about it. 

Will still be needed as automation only works as to fulfill human needs and desires. A robot doesn't need food, has no biological drives to satisfy, and so human's will be there in the future with their slaves. If for some reason, I am unaware of, robots become overlords, ruling rather than serving, they may have a volition which works toward such things as reproduction, improvement, and colonization of other worlds. As any digital thing, they will have the trait of being potentially immortal, unlike the human being that undergoes decay and death. It will have all the time in the world to think over all the possibilities for itself. Needless to say, there are various books on the topic. One that I own that I will be reading for the third time is "Our Last Invention." I like Kaku's model of civilizations. You may also look into my own work on robot life, called, "Robot Life."