A soldier shooting at a target hits it 25% of the time. How many times must he shoot to be certain he will register 100 hits?

Unknown numbers. Nobody is equal. ALWAYS shoots @ 25% accuracy. -or- AVERAGE of 25% (100 * 4)

DEAD.

Different career. (liability, where did missed shots go. Innocent bystanders, fellow allies... Property damage) 

Poor stats.

better to hit and be less accurate (body shot, wounding, non fatal)

Automatic weapons (less accurate, but more rounds fired at faster rate = target hit if actually aiming)

I would say, don't stand to close to the target, if you are watching; he might hit it or ------------ tell him to move closer to the target -- maybe 3 feet in front of it.  But I would still stand aside.

All said and done - maybe he needs glasses.

"To be  certain" - unanswerable ... but statistically a minimum of 400 shots (if he lives that long in a combat zone).

There is no answer.

The average hit rate is 25%, but it doesn't meant that even 400 shots will get even 1 of the bullets on target.

400, took me a millisecond to do in my head.

so many dishonest cheaters.............

25% * 4 (100) = 400.

(100%/25%) x 100

4 x 100

400 shoots