Do mice run away and go back from where they came from?

I've lived in my apartment for over five years and never had a pest problem. Then a couple of days ago, I saw a mouse crawling by my wall late at night. Then I freaked out and of course, it ran behind my furniture. Then I saw it run behind another furniture that's not too far from my radiator. I freaked out and left the apartment to buy a bunch of mouse traps. When I got back home, I didn't see it anymore. I laid out A LOT of mouse traps (with cheese and nuts as bait) all around the apartment, especially around the areas I saw the mouse. Two days later, nothing was trapped and still didn't see the mouse. I notice a very small hole near the radiator pipe that I just sealed up with cement today. I wonder if that's where it came from and whether it ran back into that hole and never came back again. And that why I don't see it. I don't even see any evidence of the mouse still around, such as droppings or any food boxes being bitten through. So not sure if it's still around.

Is there any chance this mouse ran back from where it came from and is no longer in my apartment?

• edward

They go back to the nest, wherever it is, they go back.  Yeah, seal the hole ASAP they can probably squeeze right under your front door.  Any hole as large as a dime is an open door

Thetes every chance that's what happened

• gerald

The mice on Yahoo do thats anymouse