Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 4 weeks ago

Will I have a problem getting a job?

Last year in December I was in a bar fight, I punched a guy, and was arrested. My charge was a misdemeanor class A for assault.

My case is still pending due to the covid, but my lawyer said that next month It would be resolved, and after that I could have it expunged form my record.

I recently applied for a supervisor position at a restaurant, I was not asked any questions about this during the interview.

I was sent a link, asking me to log in and accept the background check.

This incident came out, and it was highlighted yellow.

Is this at the employers judgment on wether I get hired, or im I automatically out for this offense.

At the employers judgement.

Whether you get hired is up to the employer's judgment.  Having a misdemeanor on your record can make it more difficult to get hired, but it's certainly not impossible.  Be grateful it's only a misdemeanor; getting hired with a felony conviction on your record is even harder!  Keep trying and don't let yourself be discouraged even if you don't get this supervisor position.  You'll find someone willing to hire you sooner or later.