College professors, how lenient are you with passing/failing students with online classes? ?

I am a college student and I am trying my hardest to keep up with what is due with my assignments, etc. There are two classes I'm taking where students are set up in groups and we have to record our discussions on zoom amongst each other, only issue is, and it's been happening more than once, other students in the group either won't contribute, or they have other obligations such as other classes going on, working, etc. so when we try to set a date to have a meetings its near impossible since everyone has differing schedules.

This, like many other students I would believe, this pandemic and online courses for most is very stressful and anxiety provoking. I always try to email the teacher when issues occur but sometimes they won't respond and neither will my group.

Do you think college professors during this pandemic just want to see that you are trying? and may take it a little easy on students?

• Scott

If there is clear evidence that one or more members of a group are not prepared or are not participating, then I grade them individually instead of as a group.

I actually stopped having group assignments about 11 years ago because of the slackers.