Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 4 weeks ago

From a philosophical perspective........?

I am 15 years old and I lost half of my middle finger in a cabinet accident when I was about 1 years old...I just changed schools for high school (in my old school I had plenty of friends and every one was used to it) I'm now in 10th grade....no one has yet found out about it because it's kind of inconspicuous and I rarely wear a prosthetic (it's extremely uncomfortable) it's only a matter of time before someone finds out and spreads it....I'm afraid of being judged...anyone has ANY advice for me?

Have in mind that the people in my class are judgmental, and the type to make a big deal out of this kind of thing..............before you give me advice........

Thanks in advance

Thanks anonymous you're absolutely right!.........

Yes...handle it like an adult. Ignore the noise and stop being so self-conscious. So what if people talk behind your back? You're going to get that for the rest of your life. The time to accept that and deal with it is now. 

• John P

I trust that your school authorities will be supportive if you do get teased about that finger. When you leave school consider moving to another district or even another country where people are not so judgemental.

Americans, in particular, seem to be very judgemental.