Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 weeks ago

Why would he tell me this?!?

I was getting pretty comfortable with an old flame. We were texting while I was at work until he dropped a bombshell on me. He told me he was moving to California next year and we live in North Carolina so I was freaking out. I was just starting to like him again and I felt like he was with me too but I’m not sure  

He brought it up because we were talking about the beach and he said he wanted to live near it. Then I told him I just liked visiting the beach but didn’t want to live near there. Then he was like “yeah I need both. I’m moving to Cali next year”. 

I was hurt when he said that and wanted to cry at work then I just played it off and was like “wow that’s really exciting!!” And he told me he was going to transfer to a school there and he was really excited. 

So why would he tell me that. Was he at least a little interested to where he thought I should know? 

Do you think he should have kept it a secret? I'm sorry but your question makes no sense. People who are friends and speak with each other normally speak, in part, about their plans and goals and agendas. Why WOULDN'T he tell you this? If you heard it in two months from someone else, you'd likely be asking why he didn't tell you! 

realistically, the dude can't afford california. i'm serious. he will end up not moving, trust me. but you two won't end up together anyways.

The best answer you will get is if he tells you directly without reserve. You need to ask. He is playing a game with you, or wasn't aware of your feelings.

I'm very sorry because I know how much that hurt, but I have a rule and that is to NEVER go back. Give relationships 100% whilst together, but once it is over.. keep it over.

• Alpha

I'm not sure why you don't understand. Why wouldn't he tell you he is moving since you claim you both are an item? Was he suppose to just up and leave?

What you are really wanting to ask and didn't is: why does he want to stay with me and want to move to California?

Don't you think you should be asking him that?

Maybe he gave you an early heads up because he didn't want you to waste your time investing in him emotionally.