Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 4 weeks ago

Would you change anything about this Yelp review?

“This McDonald’s on 750 17th St NW is good! The staff are always very friendly! Jess is a sweetheart and Dorry is as well. They usually get the orders right but I’ve ordered Mcchickens before that come without lettuce or without mayo.... There’s no excuse for serving a sandwich without lettuce or mayo unless the person orders without. Once I ordered a quarter pounder meal...they gave me a empty box of fries. How does that happen..it’s beyond me. Can’t they see there’s no fries in the box before they place it in the bag???”

“They usually get the orders right but I’ve ordered Mcchickens before that come without lettuce or without mayo.... There’s no excuse for serving a sandwich without lettuce or mayo unless the person orders without.”—Do you think this part sounds right? 

It would be much more helpful to read what the staff did when you pointed out their inadvertent mistakes to them. Anyone can make a mistake; we want to know how they reacted and how they put it right. 

• John P

Your review starts positively, but then quickly becomes negative, which is a bit of a shock to the system.