Would it be accurate to say that anyone who thinks that bagging groceries is an easy job has never done it in that big of a city?

Try doing it in Chicago. Lines go down the aisle and out the door on a Sunday, it is painfully exhausting and you get no tips and you have to pay rent on minimum wage, we should get tipped dam it.

Welcome to the workforce.  Try being a waiter in a restaurant. 

lol. This experience should motivate you to get an education and a better job. If you are paying rent, you have been a bagboy for too long. {My son was a bagboy, then moved up to checker/cashier with union pay and benefits.}

• Spence

You're absolutely right. I worked as a bagger at the Anchorage Area Commissary for years for tips only.  Hard work but sometimes I'd make 20-25 an hour on payday weekends.  Not everyone can qualify to work on base doing that, though.  I would advise asking for a raise or finding a grocery chain that pays better.

What seems easy to one person is difficult for another. Everyone is doing their best in this world, and we should respect and care for each other.

My first job in early 1960's while in high school in a big city, was bagging groceries at a big chain grocery store. I made a ton in tips back then, it was great. I made so much that a classmate who was also working there and I got an apartment together and went to school. 

Things have changed these days and not for the better.  

But you have computers and video games, and we didn't.  We only had television with 3 channels and a park that was safe to play in. We didn't have gyms like you have these days.. See how lucky you are  ;)  

We had Ike and Kennedy, you have Trump.  lol, you're screwed..

Man I feel  sorry for your generation and apologize that my generation gave your generation such a screwed up world..  

I just hope your generation can fix it before it totally falls apart and is destroyed. 

You're going to need a lot of luck.. so, Good Luck 

• Judy

You are paid for your work.  Why do you think you should be tipped?  Th cashier isn't.

Get a job at Subway then. You'll get tips, especially if you leave a dollar in the jar as bait.

sounds like you need to stay home and collect unemployment instead