Help can I still use an electric stove?

I’m supposed to be moving soon and I didn’t see that my house is heated by gas. Because there are electrical outlets can I still use an electric stove? Or do I not have that option? 

1 week ago

Only if it has a 220 V prong to match your stove .   Or you get a 120 V hot plate. Talk to Landlord. He is the GOD you got to find out stuff.

Ivey, I doubt if you can as homes with gas stoves generally don't have a 220V outlet available for an electric stove and the 110V available won't handle an electric stove.

No one here can tell you that--you can only plug in a stove if there is a 220 outlet available. Stoves don't use 'regular' outlets. Sometimes you can't install electric because there would be no place to plug it in. You'll need to call your landlord and ask which one you can use. 

• G R

call your landlord and find out

Ivey, no-one here can see your kitchen. There may be a cooker electrical supply or there may not, there may be a gas cooker supply or there may not.  We can't tell. Ask the landlord.

• Barry

You need to ask the vendor/landlord. An electric stove has to have a dedicated outlet.

Electric stoves need a 220V dedicated outlet.  Look at the end of the pigtail (plug in cord) on your stove to see if it is a 3 prong or a 4 prong.  Ask (or look and see) if the stove is intended to be gas or electric. {My house is heated with gas, but my stove is electric.} 

• Zany

Unless there is an outlet where the stove goes that matches the plug on the stove, the answer is no.

Normally you have both points in a house with gas and electric, the only time there isn't is when someone has changed that themselves. Look and see if there is a pipe connection and if there is also an electric point, there usually is both because people have dual fuel cookers or want the choice.