Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesJeep · 2 months ago

Can I continue my lease on my car with another (partner) dealership?

I leased a Jeep at my North Jeep Dealership. My 4 year lease is about to be up and I would like to get my same model but just in the current year and a different color. The North Jeep Dealership only carries my jeep in black and white but the South Jeep Dealership has it in Yellow which is the color I want. How do I go about getting the yellow one if I signed the deal with the north dealership? is this a feasible thing? I don't really know how leasing works. It's my first lease. 

@A hunch, you LITERALLY didn’t answer my question at all. Like wow. This is actually funny. All of those words and completely missed the question. Jesus Christ. 

You'll need to extend the lease on your current vehicle or renegotiate a new lease on a new one.

• Bill

You can sign a new lease with the South Jeep dealer and they can arrange to turn in your current vehicle to the leasing affiliate.

• John

Yeah, me too. I completely missed the question too.

Hey...... good luck wit dat.

Well when your lease is up, since you want a new car, go get the phucking thing wherever you want. Unless you are trying poorly to say you signed another deal on a new lease. Then just tell them that you want a yellow one, they can swap with another dealer.

Remember, leasing a car is the same as RENTING a car.

After all the money you have paid, you do not own anything.

When you finish your current lease, you need to return the car.

They check it out to see what kind of damage you have caused and they will provide you a bill.  Almost all lease returns will generate a bill.

You need to decide if paying the lease bill makes sense or paying your car is better.  If you decide returning the car and paying the bill is better = you do that and you are done and start fresh.

If you decide that keeping the car is better, you can keep it or sell it, but you have got to pay it off first.

• k w

sure just tell the new dealer