Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 2 months ago

Am I the only one that really hates driving? (it is stressful and makes me angry)?

I mean 1. the way people drive...everyone drives like they are in a race  , 2. the roads where I am is like a third world country, potholes and road construction all the time. and 3. it is just infuriating having to wait for traffic, red lights, road construction, wrecks, etc?

no , driving sucks these days. for the same reason you listed.

Then, don't drive and use mass transit.

• Willie

I have been driving since the age of 18 and drove a bus for 25 years, so I love driving, and I am now 72 and still drive my 2007 Ford 150 SuperCrew.

NO

I also hate paying for gas, tolls and insurance too. Part of the price to drive.

Just remember if you take the right road it can be a very pleasurable experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDgu9Bw3-QA

Youtube thumbnail

Less traffic a few hours North

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjxWwcopw98

Youtube thumbnail

I agree . I live in the most densely populated state and driving is terrible.

I am just the opposite.  I enjoy driving.  It is what you make of it.

I live in the DC metro area- one of the most congested areas of the USA - construction and traffic almost all the time. You have to adjust your expectations (lower them greatly) find some good tunes or pod cast to listen to and just not worry about the other guy (that doesn't mean not pay attention for the other guy just let them drive by and to relieve the disgust  - I muttered under my breath "Go on fool, hell ain't half full".)