Ollie asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 4 months ago

What happens if someone follows you? (Not your questions, YOU)?

Savannah, I meant on Yahoo Answers, not IRL.

Another way of phrasing my question is: What’s the point of following someone on Yahoo Answers? Sorry, I don’t know how else to say it.

I keep my eye on them and plan my moves carefully. 

Be more thorough and direct on your questions. 

If you allow it, and someone follows you then that user is able to view all of your question and answer activity. 

You can't "follow" someone on Y!A unless they allow you to. Once they allow it, you can see their previous questions and answers. This is useful if you like someone's style, or find them knowledgeable in certain areas that you're interested in.

• Daniel

They just Follow you so they can see what you Post Easier that's about it its another way of showing Appreciation for what you post

I whip around at random times and then yell "RAWRRRRR!!!!!"

If you mean following an account on here, the point is you can see their q and a, even if its private. And/ or you get an email of their questions. At least that's how it used to be. I'm not sure if this applies anymore.

Usually nothing happens. Many people do NOT allow followers. People DO stalk and target other people on YA and other social media. Some people seem to totally obsessed with stalking other YA community members. How paranoid are you and how much of your online reputation and credibility do you want to risk? That is?something only you can decide. I do allow followers. 

I'll walk to a crowded area and find my way to the police station if he or she still continues to follow me. I dare that person to follow me to the police station

They get arrested by the Feds for cyberstalking. (If you wanted a serious answer, you should've put it more clearly.)

See? I was kidding. Trolling. But look at the serious answers... Next time, use asterisks and not caps. ** Is better for emphasis in a linguistic sense. Caps are more emotional.