James asked in SportsOther - Sports · 2 months ago

I guess the covid doesn't affect sports ?

I've been seeing sports teams like soccer, football, cheerleading and cross country happening just like before how can they when they aren't even having school in person? 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 week ago

Yes, it affects sports a lot, I play soccer and we will not play any games and our practices are definitely not the same.

• 1 month ago

of course does, in many ways.

• 1 month ago

The Big10 is still not playing duffy

• 2 months ago

Yes, they have been affected. Some leagues haven't started yet and some games have been cancelled or postponed but games are still going on despite health and safety issues.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Murzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

some teams have cancelled games

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

dont seem like it does

• GF
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Schools don't generate as much tax dollars as the entertainment business does. It all cones down to how much money the government gets 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Your guess would be incorrect, however the chance of contracting the virus in indoor gatherings is significantly higher than outdoor gatherings so sport would most likely come back first. Also elite sport where there is money to fund daily testing with quick results is completely safe. 

But the virus doesn't discriminate, we all have to take the factors into consideration ie number of cases, can the health service treat these cases without being overwhelmed? Etc. We all have to do our part and think logically, but people won't wear masks so go figure. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.