Do you agree with the LAW that FORBIDS VOTE TO EX-CONS?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I wasn’t aware of such a law

• 2 months ago

No, especially for those teenagers who are tried as adults for non-violent and drug crimes. There is nothing worse for society than to have people come out of prison but have no way to get a job (what employer would knowingly hire an ex-felon), and their only friends are ex-cons. Once they have paid their debt to society, in order to keep them from committing more crimes, do whatever it takes to get them back on track!

• Expat
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I don't agree that anyone ever convicted of a felony should forever lose their right to vote, especially for non-violent, drug related offenses. I agree that felons currently serving sentences should not be permitted to vote, but once the debt to society is paid through completion of sentences, I believe the right to vote should be returned. 

• Susie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Part of their sentence is paying restitution to their victims and court costs.   If the are paroled but haven’t paid then they didn’t finish their sentence.  And they shouldn’t get back voting rights till they do.   If you want to vote, don’t break the law...simple. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Most republicans dont 

or at least florida republicans dont agree with it 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.