is there a scam that says I am using a 3rd party mail and I need to update by the 20th October. ?

it doesn't address me by name but it is the 3rd message I've recieved

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

That's a definite scam by what you asked about. Scam messages that request you to "upgrade" your email account must be ignored and deleted immediately. Never click on the links or attachment and give your personal information to the scammers or you can risk your account to be hacked. Remember no major email provider would never send you unsolicited emails asking for your personal information

• 1 month ago

Is there a scam that says I am using a 3rd party mail and I need to update by Oct. 20th.?

• 2 months ago

is there a scam that says I am using a 3rd party mail and I need to update by the 20th October. ?

Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, that is a scam and you should ignore it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Sharon
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That is a phishing scam. Ignore and delete it. This is how to identify legitimate Yahoo websites, requests, and communications: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2091.html

• mom
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

scam. I am also getting scam phone calls on my landline, that I keep my answering machine on. they never leave a message so I know it is a scam and if I do answer, not one person will say anything. 

• IOM
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Evident scam.       

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.