Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingOther - Pregnancy & Parenting · 2 months ago

will i be lonely if i never have kids?

i'm 35 female and my fertility years are almost over. having kids has always been a maybe for me but now i feel it's now or never but i do not want kids right now. men are lucky and can hold off until 50 if they want. so if this opportunity passes will i be lonely as i will never have kids or grandkids

5 Answers

Relevance
  • LizB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Men can't necessarily wait until their 50s, male-factor infertility is WAY more common than people realize.

That said, if you don't have a STRONG desire to be a mother, don't do it. Being a parent (particularly a single parent) takes an enormous amount of time and resources, and once the kid arrives it's not something you can undo. Besides, putting the burden on your adult child of preventing you from being lonely is really unfair. Filling social needs is what friends, coworkers, and community are for, not children. Your child will go on to live their own life, as young adults should, and if you don't have a rich and fulfilling life beyond your immediate family, you'll wind up pretty miserable.

• Willie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

At your age it's better to not have a baby because when you're 80 your baby will be 30 and may not have you for too long.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Children often end up hating their parents and leaving them alone anyway.

Having children does NOT guarantee not ending up alone.

Being "lonely" is more about how YOU decide to spend your time.  Get involved with local charity groups or get involved with a local church group.  There are many ways to become involved in activities that make you feel less alone and you can make friends in these kinds of groups and may also get involved in other activities through those friendships.  

If you really want a child because you want a child - then you are running out of time.  But if you are just trying to avoid being lonely in your senior years - find other hobbies or activities to fill that void.  A child isn't a guaranteed answer to that problem.

• God
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Kids are no guarantee of companionship.  You should have kids because you want to have kids.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Only you can answer that - no one can say what your future feelings might be, and you should definitely not have children now if you don't want them.

Whatever your reasons for not wanting children are, examine them carefully. It seems unlikely that you would suddenly at age 50 wake up one day and think, "If only I had a child *right now*"

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.