Is it cruel to get angry and yell at a young child for crying?

even if the very first time the child cries, you don't get mad but after the child does it everyday for weeks, that's when you get angry and yell at the child each time they cry

Update:

Usually when the child cries, it's in the middle of a particular class such as math.

Update 2:

Even if the crying wasn't very loud?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Yes, it is very cruel to yell at anyone because it is verbal abuse. Children who are constantly yelled at will grow up with depression and anxiety issues.

• 1 month ago

Nope         .

• bill
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

No because if you are in a public place the kid's  screaming will annoy everyone around you. Tell them to be quiet.

Letting kids get out of control sets the tone for their whole life and you end up with a bunch of screaming college activists.

• 2 months ago

it for sure isn't very adult, is it?  you, as the adult, as supposed to have more behavioral flexibility than the child, esp. if the child is eligible for special education.  It's extremely sad [and likely actionable under law] if you are a teacher and not the child's parent/caregiver.  [Violates virtually any IEP, of course.]

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jake
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

that will just make them cry more

• 2 months ago

Yeah, that's really mean and cruel. Stop doing that.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, normally when a child cries like that they're just spoiled. My nephew does it. He knows that if he cries it will stop him from getting an actual punishment. Its annoying and I tell him to shut up every time or I send him to his room with the door closed

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yelling solves nothing.

Young children cry because emotions over whelm them and they don't know how to handle disappointment.  Yelling is only going to make it worse.

Is it cruel - yes - and it is abuse.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.