What mic is this?

Attachment image

5 Answers

  • Lance
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

    My guess would be a Chandler Limited Series or Telefunken ELA 251 or other Chandler mic or Telefunken Mic;from the past perhaps a Mohave Mic

  • Jake
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    It's a dildo   

  • L
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    The mic in the shock-mount is a large diaphragm condenser mic. The gray and chrome parts are the mic; the shock mount is surrounding the mic body. As a condenser mic, it needs phantom power and connects to an audio mixing board with a XLR cable. These types of large diaphragm condenser mics have no battery cavity, so the mixer (or audio interface) needs to supply phantom power or an external phantom power supply needs to be used. There are similar large diaphragm condenser mics that can connect to a computer with a USB cable (and get power from the USB buss).

    The black thing going from bottom right and curving up to the left is a pop-filter, also known as a spit-guard. It is usually connected to the mic-stand.

    Brand mic? Anyone's guess. Depends how old the photo is...

  • 1 month ago

    Looks like a 70s/80s Shure studio mic.

    Could also be a Sony or Neumann, but would need to see it rotated to check the screen shape.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

    A microphone, colloquially named mic or mike is a device – a transducer – that converts sound into an electrical signal.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.