Will the dealership fix my Jeep ?

Approximately 8 months ago, I had a blown head gasket and I brought my Jeep Grand Cherokee to a Jeep dealership to fix it. My head gasket has blown again, I have no idea why, I dont drive any way that it should be happening.  Am I gonna have to pay Jeep another couple thoasand to fix it again or is there some type of warranty for their repair.

Jeep 6 cylinder engines are famous for cracking their cylinder heads. No head gasket will fix a cylinder head crack. When they pull the head again, they need to magnaflux it to find if it's  cracked. Then, as others mentioned, the head needs to be checked for warpage.

If the problem was the head gasket or something they did when they installed it - then yes.

If you have another problem (say, a bad radiator, low on coolant, etc.) that is causing it to overheat, then they may try to slip out of doing it under warranty, and try to charge you the full cost again (along with whatever else is wrong).

• garry

yes and , they did fix it didnt they and gave you a warranty , so whats the problem , its blown again , see some-one who knows how to drive .They fixed it , even you says they fixed it , they have done what is expected , just bad luck you blew it again , cant expect them to fix it forever . if there is no warranty period then bad luck for you .

• W

If they didn't deck the head and replace the head, that could cause it. They might not be torquing the head bolts in the correct pattern or to the correct setting. 

They will fix it under warranty.  There is no reason a head gasket would blow .   Go in to the same place with your receipt (proof you had it done by them and when and how many miles ago)  My head gaskets last a MILLION MILES ON A DIESEL ( you are looking at 450PSI per cylinder compared to maybe 170 PSI on a gas motor.)

. They will and should accept that THEY messed up somewhere on the installation the first time around.  They can see which mechanic did the work (most every shop has young mechanic trainees working alongside the mechanic screwing around on easier stuff.  Maybe that happened for replacing a headgasket is undo the bolts, remove the head clean the surfaces, check to be sure they are level and then screw it together again with a new head gasket. And reassemble the other stuff.

. Maybe they needed the bolt holes chased(which cleans the threads or maybe they needed stretch bolts or maybe the surface was not completely flat.

. They should have caught it the first time and rectified the issue.  Or maybe some head gasket makers make schitty head gaskets.?

. Only they will know IF

YOU GO AND SEE THEM AGAIN.  They get compensation from Fiat/Jeep for errors they make.

Moaning and groaning on a computer keyboard will not fix it.

. Bring it to them and that means have it TOWED. so the engine does not get messed up more.

Ask politely first stating your case and they can see from the receipt you ain't gone anywhere.

What is going to happen though is that you are "not the FIRST CAR THERE SO YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT as they got other customers in front of you - you got to expect THAT. But they owe you.

Or you can raise hell.  But try the "honey" route first.  They know something is wrong somewhere for SOME REASON.   THEY KNOW, and it won't happen again.

This is the way it is suppose to work with any mechanic shop that wants to stay in business.

Auto mechanic 40+ years all makes

Maybe you should ask them...

This isn't California Psychics.

Dealers have a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty on their repairs.

1 year warranty for the initial repair is typical.

There is almost certainly a warranty on the dealer's repair job, but you'll need to look at the exact wording to see what it says.  

And quite honestly, I would go to an independent shop instead of the dealership.  Not only will you pay less (dealer service is always the most expensive), you might benefit from a fresh set of eyes on what seems to be a recurring problem.  And no it won't void your vehicle's warranty, regardless of what the dealership tried to tell you.